The Snail of Appreciation program recognizes local restaurateurs, culinary artisans, and CSA (community supported agriculture) producers who exemplify the principles of Slow Food and contribute to the quality, authenticity, and sustainability of food in our community.
Snail of Appreciation Recipients
Anaheim Packing District, Anaheim, CA (closed)
Award Date: May 31, 2014
Santa Ana, CA
Award Date: December 4, 2014
Santa Ana, CA
Award Date: December 7, 2014
(thanks to SFNYC for the concept)
Eligible restaurants, artisans and CSA distribution points must be located in Orange County, California and must show commitment to the three basic principles of Slow Food: good, clean, and fair.
Nomination and Approval Process
- Anyone can nominate any restaurant, artisan, or CSA producer in Orange County that contributes to the quality, authenticity, and/or sustainability of our food supply.
- Business owners can nominate themselves. Recipients are not required to be Slow Food members to be nominated for or awarded the Snail of Appreciation.
- The SoA Committee will review the nomination, schedule an onsite visit if necessary, and forward its recommendation to the Steering Committee.
- Recipients will receive Snail of Appreciation decal(s) to be displayed, and will be listed, along with a description of their products and services, on the Snail of Appreciation page of the Slow Food Orange County website.
- The Snail of Appreciation designation is good for two years; renewal is by the same process.